Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India
Hip or Hip Joint
The hip is one of the largest joints in the human body. The Hip joint is a ball and socket joint, set by an articulation connecting the pelvic acetabulum and the head of the femur. The hip joint allows our legs to move in different directions. The hip joint also allows our hip to balance the weight of the body. The hip joint stays inside a capsule carrying lubricating fluid, which assists the hip move swiftly. Inside the hip joint is cartilage, the hard but pliable substance that lines the edges of joints. Hip disorders can be caused in any of the parts become defective, such as ligaments and cartilage. Hip problems can happen due to development issues, injuries or accidents, chronic conditions, or infections.
These are the prime hip disorders
- Development Dysplasia
- Perthes Disease
- Irritable Hip Syndrome (Transient Synovitis)
- Soft Tissue Pain and Referred Pain
- Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
We at Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai provides the best hip replacement treatment and hip arthroscopy in Mumbai, India. We have a team of a highly - trained and experienced team of hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai, India. Our team is completely dedicated to providing the best orthopaedic treatment in mumbai and surgeries under top Orthopaedic doctors in Mumbai.
Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India
Hip replacement surgery is a surgical process in which a hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai, India eliminates a painful hip joint with arthritis and resurfaces it with an artificially made metal and plastic joint. It generally is conducted when all other treatment options have failed to provide sufficient pain relief. This surgical procedure helps in the relief of a painful hip joint, which makes walking easier.
Hip Replacement Surgery Process in Mumbai, India
Hip replacement surgery is performed to relieve the hip and increase mobility by resurfacing the bones that connect at the hip joint. The Hip replacement surgeon in Mumbai, India removes the femoral head and replaces it with an artificial one made of plastic or metal. This prosthetic femur is shaped like a ball and sets right into the rounded cup prosthesis that becomes the new socket of the pelvis. The patient is given general anesthesia to calm body muscle and put patients into a temporary sleep. This prevents the patient from experiencing any pain while the surgery or have any sense of it.
Following are the steps for a hip replacement surgery in Mumbai, India:
- Making an incision around the front or side of the hip, through the layers of tissue.
- Withdraw diseased and affected bone and cartilage, except the healthy bone intact.
- Implants the artificial socket in the pelvic bone, to resurface the damaged socket.
- Resurfacing the round ball on the head of the femur with the prosthetic ball, which is connected to a stem fits in to the thigh bone.
Preparation for Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India
- The Orthopaedic expert will tell you about the entire procedure and allow you to ask all types of questions that a patient would like to know about the hip replacement surgery and Hip arthroscopy in Mumbai, India.
- A consent form is required to be signed by the patient which provides the patient's permission to perform the surgical procedure. It is important to read the entire form keenly and ask questions if there are certain doubts.
- A full-body physical examination is done of the patient before the surgical procedure to ensure the patient is healthy to undergo the hip replacement surgery in Mumbai, India. The patient is asked to give blood tests or other diagnostic tests.
- The patient and the family need to share all types of information, such as being sensitive or allergic to any medication. Also, the Patient should inform the Orthopaedic doctors in Mumbai about all prescribed medications and herbal supplements. Pregnancy and suspect pregnancy are also important to be notified.
Post Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India
- Soon after the procedure, the patient will be shifted to a recovery area for a few hours for the anesthesia to wear off. Hospital staff will analyze blood pressure, pulse, alertness, pain, and comfort level.
- A physical therapist will help the patient to perform some exercises that are important to follow in the hospital and at home for better recovery. Activity and exercise must be a daily part of the routine.
- A physical therapist will guide the patient about strengthening and mobility exercises. Also, the use of a walking aid, such as a walker, a cane or crutches. As health progresses, the patient will not require any assistance to walk.
Benefits of Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India
Hip replacement surgery in Mumbai, India can improve mobility and reduce pain in people who have an injury or any hip problem. Having a hip replacement surgery is a major decision, however, by knowing its benefits patients can make the right choice for themselves.
Here are some benefits of Hip Replacement Surgery in Mumbai, India:
- The prime reason people have hip replacement surgery is due to the elimination of pain. Hip Replacement Surgery can improve your ability to walk and move without chronic and extensive pain.
- As the surgery removes the diseased bone and cartilage that makes the ball and socket joint. In major cases, orthopaedic doctors in Mumbai have observed significantly lower pain and eliminated after surgeries.
- After a Hip replacement surgery, people resumed their daily activities and hobbies they had before pain interfered. They can do biking, hiking, swimming, golf, and various other activities, again.
Why Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital for Hip Replacement Surgery?
Dr L H Hiranandani is one the most renowned multi-specialty tertiary and quaternary care and Best orthopaedic hospital in Mumbai, India. We are the best Orthopaedic hospital in Mumbai, India and our team of top Orthopaedic surgeons who are committed to providing the best orthopaedic treatment emulating global standards. We have handled from simplest to the most complex hip cases, at our hospital. We are equipped with the top medical equipment for providing the best orthopaedic care in the country.