Cold air, low humidity and high winds outdoors strip the skin of moisture. Turning up the heat and taking hot showers indoors does the same. These harsh conditions cause your skin to lose natural oils and become dry.
Dry skin manifests as:
- Itchy sensation on the skin
- Feeling of stretching of the skin
- Dry eczema
- Cracked heels
- Flaring up of existing skin disorders like Atopic eczema and Psoriasis.
Skin care in winters
- Plenty of water
- Mild gentle fragrance free cleansers or soaps as antibacterial soaps and fragrance containing products strip your skin of natural oils.
- Short showers .
- Use oil based moisturizers that will seal water in the skin and keep it more moisturized
- Use moisturizers frequently
- Best time to use moisturizers is after a bath.
Consult your Dermatologist if required