Dr. Swapnil Mehta
Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
Full Time Consultant
MBBS, M.D. (General Medicine), DM In Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Dr. Swapnil Mehta has more than 13 years of experience and is working as a Full Time Consultant Pulmonology at Dr. L. H. Hiranandani Hospital, Powai.
He has done his MBBS from MGM Medical college Indore, MD (Internal Medicine) from PGIMS rohtak, and DM (Pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine) from AIIMS, New Delhi. After completing his super specialization he joined Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Gurugram as consultant and established the department of Pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine.
- Madan K, Mehta S, Gupta N, Hadda V, Mohan A, Guleria R. Pneumomediastinum and extensive subcutaneous emphysema after cryoprobe transbronchial lung biopsy. Ann Am Thorac Soc2016;13:2101–2103.
- Arava S, Breta M, Madan K, Nath D, Mehta S, Jain D. Sclerosing liposarcoma of the anterior mediastinum: An unusual case. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2016;59:69-71.
- Pulmonary Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis Presenting as Recurrent Spontaneous Pneumothorax in an Adolescent Male Swapnil Mehta*, MD; Dhruva Chaudhry, DM; Sanjay Fotedar, MD; Viral Sangwan, MD PGIMS, Rohtak, Rohtak, India Chest. 2012;142(4_MeetingAbstracts):465A. doi:10.1378/chest.1390175.
- Sleep disordered breathing (sdb) in patients of type 2 diabetes mellitus(dm) with and without retinopathy- a hospital based study. doi:10.1136/thoraxjnl-2012-202678.051 S Mehta, D Chaudhry, SV Singh, A Atreja, V Sangwan. Pt BD Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, India
- Pulmonary Thromboembolism: A Rare Complication of Pulmonary Tuberculosis. J. Satyasarathi, MBBS; Arun Gogna, MD; Swapnil Mehta, MD; Jhasaketan Meher, MBBS VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India Chest. 2014;145(3_MeetingAbstracts):100A. doi:10.1378/chest.1836494.
- He has presented papers in various international and national conferences.
Areas of Interest
- Airway diseases like Asthma, COPD, small Airway ds., Interstitial Lung ds. like sarcoidosis, IPF, NSIP etc, MDR tuberculosis, environmental lung diseases, Management of LRTI, pneumonias with MDR pathogens.
- Interventional Pulmonology (Bronchoscopic procedures, EBUS-convex and radial probe, rigid bronchoscopy, Stenting, APC, cryobiopsy, laser).
- He has special Interest in managing various sleep disorders like Obstructive and central sleep apnea, Narcolepsy, periodic leg movements, obesity hypoventilation syndrome etc.
- Management of Medical ICU & High Dependence Unit with all monitoring equipment along with invasive & non invasive mechanical ventilators.