Our Hospitals: Powai Thane

For OPD Appointment:

022 6799 8555 / 8444
022 2545 8666 / 8667


For Homecare Services:

Blood Collection: 9619526226 (8 am to 2.30 pm)

Nursing Services: 9769321195 (7 am to 7 pm)


News Events

Man, who collapsed from a heart attack during Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon was saved


Man, who collapsed from a heart attack during Thane Marathon was saved

  • 41-year-old fit man collapsed while running for Thane marathon
  • Doctors could not find his pulse and BP initially
  • After angioplasty, the runner Gurpreet Singh Is stable today


Even in his rarest dreams, 41-year-old Gurpreet Singh had not imagined that he would succumb to some major illness. A fit runner, health conscious Gurpreet was doing everything to keep himself healthy. However, on the day of Thane marathon, while Gurpreet was matching his pace with his fellow runners, he suddenly suffered a heart attack and fell down on the road.

Dr. Rushikesh Patil, who was running next to the victim, saw him collapse where the fellow runners were helping him. The doctor rushed him to administer CPR. Event organisers were alerted and Mr. Singh was rushed to an ambulance standing by, where the doctor and paramedics in charge tried their best to revive the victim.

“Initially, he did not have any pulse. I started CPR there (cardiopulmonary resuscitation). Luckily there were other medicos who were around and helped me with the CPR. We shifted him to Thane Hiranandani where we performed different test on him like ECG, Pre- operative echocardiography. Then we shifted him to Powai Hiranandani. We had to perform angioplasty on the patient” said Dr. Rushikesh Patil, Full Time Consultant Cardiologist at Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital, Powai, Mumbai.

When asked him, he could not recollect anything. Singh just remembers that he was running for the marathon and next thing was he found himself in the hospital.

Singh was not at all aware of his heart problem. He was diabetic but other than that he was a fit man. He was regularly practicing for the marathon where he ran 10 kms at 75 minutes every day. During the marathon, he was trying to achieve the least possible timing of 68 minutes, for which he pushed himself too hard. He is doing fine now and is stable.