Sleep is important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and impacts our ability to perform in many aspects of life. People with ‘Sleep Disorder’ have multiple medical problems ranging from anxiety, blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and so on.
About the Department
Sleep Medicine is developed as a sub-specialty with active contribution of Pulmonologists and Neurologists. Department of sleep medicine has got a dedicated sleep lab to diagnose and treat various sleep disorders and improve the quality of life.
The sleep disorders that are diagnosed and treated here are:
- Sleep-related breathing disorders, such as snoring and sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome and movement disorders during sleep
- Sleep apnea-related seizure disorders
- Circadian and shift work-related disorders
- Evaluation of patients with heart failure and stroke
- Parasomnias, such as sleep walking and talking, abnormal behavior during sleep
Facilities Available at Sleep Medicine Clinic :
- Polysomnography (PSG)
- CPAP Titration with Auto CPAP
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT)