A high risk pregnancy is a condition arising out of complications during or after pregnancy and birth, potentially endangering the lives of the expecting mother, developing fetus or both.
The High Risk Pregnancy Clinic aims at providing surveillance and Management of Pregnancies at risk due to either :
- Past obstetric outcomes like repeated abortions, previous still birth or neonatal deaths.
- Medical illness complicating pregnancy
- Events occurring during the present pregnancy like baby’s growth deficit restriction, prematurity, bleeding or rupture of the waterbag & resulting in watery vaginal discharge.
- Multiple Pregnancies
Facilities Available :
High Risk Patients often require detailed assessment involving :
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis with facilities, which include biochemical marker screening, chorion villus sampling, aminotesis, fetal blood sampling and advanced ultrasound for detection of fetal anomalies.
- Extensive ante - partum and intra- partum fetal suveillance
- Specialized neonatal care
- Fetal Medicine Clinic
- H.O.P.E. Clinic (High Risk OPD on Paediatric Evaluation)