Obstetrics deals with pregnancy and at our hospital we believe that the most important event in the history of a family is welcoming a new member into it. Gynaecology deals with diseases of women and we believe that the woman is the backbone of the family and should be cared for.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is very vibrant. Equipment in the department is the latest and the technology is the ‘cutting edge’ in this field. We cater to all the obstetric women and have a special High Risk Obstetric clinic. Fetal monitoring is done by 4D ultrasound machines that are the flagship models of the company.
The department has the very latest suites for child birth such as the single room birthing complex or LDRP (Labor Delivery Recovery and Puerperium) suites. The suite helps the family to be with the laboring mother, till delivery. This helps in family bonding.
Every need of the mother and child can be met at the Hospital. We welcome you to come to the hospital and experience the warm ambience and the tender loving care for mother and child.
1.Pre Pregnancy Counseling
Pre-pregnancy counseling is offered to any woman planning a baby. It is important for every couple to seek advice before embarking on a pregnancy.
- A thorough medical check up is done to detect ailments such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, heart problems, and others if any.
- Diagnosis, treatment and advice are offered to stabilize the would-be mother before pregnancy.
- Genetic counseling, if necessary, is offered.
- Screening for Rubella immune status, Haemoglobin electrophoresis and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV / Hepatitis B is offered.
- Your Dietary intake will be reviewed and advice will be given.
- Women with problems like Uterine septum, polycystic ovary and endometriosis are assessed and treated.
- Expecting mothers who have taken to drugs, smoking and drinking are counseled on its repercussions on pregnancy
- Regular Follow up
2. Obstetric and Gynaecological Consultation (Antenatal Clinic)
As soon as you think that you may be pregnant, it is very important that you see a doctor.
- Our clinic offers consultation, counseling and treatment for the antenatal care.
- A detailed first consultation encompasses elaborate history taking. So it is very important that you give an account of your general health, illness, habits, allergies and past pregnancy if any.
- Our doctors will be happy to answer your queries and advise you on medicines, diet, exercise, necessary investigations and dos and don’ts during pregnancy.
- Regular Follow up
3. High Risk Pregnancy Clinic
The High Risk Pregnancy Clinic aims at providing surveillance and Management of Pregnancies at risk
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis with facilities, which include biochemical marker screening, chorion villus sampling, aminocentsis, fetal blood sampling and advanced ultrasonic for detection of fetal anomalies.
- Extensive ante - partum and intra- partum fetal suveillance
- Specialized neonatal care
- Fetal Medicine Clinic
- H.O.P.E. Clinic (High Risk OPD on Paediatric Evaluation)
For More Details Click Here (Link to the Specialty clinic)
4. Post Natal Care and Contraception Clinic
During the post natal counseling, we help every new mother to gain confidence in her ability to care for the new born during her post delivery period.
- Follow-up examination and care
- Counseling regarding various family planning methods like sterilization, intrauterine contraceptive device insertion, condoms, combination contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections etc.
- Changes in the Body, general Body Care and getting Back to Shape
- Post-natal exercises
- Breast Feeding
- Common New Born Problems
5. Antenatal Exercise Clinic (Along with Physiotherapist)
- Special classes are conducted for would-be-mothers to get them ready for labor and child birth.
- Postnatal exercises help in uterine involution and in restoring the perineal muscle tone. It also focuses on strengthening abdominal and back muscles.
- Our aim is to help you regain the pre-pregnancy physical fitness
6. Genetic Clinic
Procedures like amniocentesis, chorion vilus biopsy and cordocentesis are performed if required, to detect foetal abnormalities in utero.
7. Special Clinics:
We also offer services under the Adolescent girl clinic and Menopausal clinic
Gynaecology deals with any disease of female reproductive system i.e. uterus, vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes. The most common gynecological problems face by women are menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding and pain during menstrual cycles and vaginal discharge. Abnormal uterine bleeding can be due to various causes like Fibroids (Myoma), Adenomyosis and Hormonal imbalance.
Today the women are empowered with education and better career options and are seeking advice for Family Planning and Contraception. Our Gynaecologist would guide and help them to make the right choices for family planning.
We offer the following Gynaecological Surgeries:
- Hysterectomy which can be performed Vaginally / Abdominally / Laparoscopically
- Vaginal repair like Hymenoplasty, Cystocele, Rectocele repair
- Laproscopic Myomectomy i.e.removal of fibroid
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic management of Tubal or ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal vault suspension
- Fertility enhancing surgeries like adhesiolysis, cornual cannulation
- Hysteroscopic metroplasty, submucous myomectomy
About the Department
The department is located on the ground floor and easily accessible to expectant mothers. The pediatric department is situated right next to this department and provides easy access to the pediatrician.
For the pregnant mother, the OPD is well equipped to make a routine diagnosis about the baby’s welfare.
On the second level are the Labor suites, which are specious, well lit and well ventilated. The air in these areas is specially filtered. The suites are well equipped and can handle all types of deliveries. A special bath tub is used for labouring woman during labour which helps in pain relief and also in progress of labour.
The Operation theatre complex is on the same floor for those who require a Cesarean section. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is located adjacent to the delivery suites. This makes it easier to transfer the baby to the NICU immediately, if the need arises.
All forms of Gynaecological surgeries are performed in this hospital. If for some disease, the uterus requires removal then vaginal route is the best approach for removal of uterus. Besides these traditional surgeries, our department has experienced surgeons who not only perform difficult vaginal surgeries, but also keep abreast with newer technologies. ‘Minimal access’ (Laparoscopic) surgeries are routinely done at our hospital by our internationally acclaimed faculty.
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is a teaching department that is recognized by the Diplomate National Board. Academics ensure that the department follows the latest in evidence based medicine.