About the Department
The Centre for Human Reproduction popularly known as IVF Department is located on the 3rd floor of the Hospital. It is a spacious and secluded department spread over an area of over 2500 sq. ft.
The department has a separate OPD waiting area with USG and IUI rooms and a modern operation theatre with state of art Andrology and ICSI laboratories. The operation theatre and laboratories are equipped with the best and most modern equipments fulfilling all the requirements of a Centre par excellence comparable to any other in the world.
The main advantage of our Centre is that all the facilities from investigations to all modalities of treatment are available under one roof.
It is the dream of most men and women to become parents and have children to love and care for. It is one of the greatest blessings in a lifetime to become a parent.
We at our center have a different approach to a couple with sub fertility. It is an individualized approach, understanding the root cause of infertility and treating it appropriately with tailor made investigations and procedures. We have an in depth counseling and discussion session with you about the probable cause of your sub fertility and different treatment options available for you. We discuss different pros and cons for each treatment option and help you in selecting the correct option.
Our Motto - Making happy families out of couples (from conception to safe motherhood)
Treating infertility is not an occupation for us, but it is our passion and we do it with compassion.
- Ovulation Induction
- Fertility Enhancing Laparoscopic Surgeries
Basic investigations required and done are:
- Serum TSH
- Serum Prolactin
- FSH or Follicle Stimulating Hormone
- LH or Luteinizing Hormones
- FSH/LH ratio
- Endometrial blood flow
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
- AMH or Antimullerian hormone – Ovarian Reserve Analysis
Counseling and lifestyle management
Today’s lifestyle incorporates a lot of stress, irregular working hours, irregular sleep patterns, eating habits, Increasing age of marriage, career aspirations, postponing childbearing, nuclear families smoking, alcohol etc. have taken a toll on fertility.
Therapy of many of the causes of infertility includes lifestyle management comprising of diet and includes a little different thinking, in-depth knowledge of different causes of infertility, use of various modalities the foremost being lifestyle modification. The treatment for your infertility maybe just lifestyle modification. Why subject a patient to IVF/ICSI when only lifestyle modification and ovulation induction may do the trick?
Q. What is IUI?
- Minimally invasive fertility enhancing procedure
- OPD procedure
- Not painful
- No fasting required
- No bed rest after IUI
- Can go to work in the second half of the day after the procedure
- Improves pregnancy outcome significantly
Indications of IUI
- Low sperm count and motility (male factor infertility)
- Unexplained infertility –along with ovulation induction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Absence of male partner at the time of ovulation (using frozen sperms)
IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) / ICSI
What is IVF/ICSI?
- One of the cost effective procedures
- Not as complicated as it seems
- 8-10 visits required to the clinic
- Injections are subcutaneous injections (like insulin injections), can be taken on your own.
- Injections are not painful
- No need to take leave for the entire period of the procedure
- No bed rest required post transfer. Can resume work 3-4 days post transfer.
- No oil based injections post transfer (Most patients are scared of this and hence some postpone IVF)
- Day care procedure (Both oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer) – Can go home by afternoon. No overnight hospitalization
- Oocyte retrieval requires short intravenous anesthesia
- No cuts/incisions on the abdomen
- Embryo transfer is as simple as IUI (No fasting/anesthesia required)
Donor egg programme
- Donor Egg programme is one of the programme’s with highest success rate.
- Proper pre IVF evaluation and co-ordination with donor and fresh embryo transfer gives the best results.
Why surrogacy at Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital?
At Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital, we have
- High volume of patients – Arguably we deliver the largest number of surrogates for a single hospital in Mumbai
- Facilitation of the birth certificate – The process of obtaining birth certificate is systematically placed so that the application and processing is done in the shortest possible time.
- NABH accredited & ISO certified Hospital - All rules and protocols are in place and they are strictly followed according to standard operating procedures. This gives standardization to all the procedures we do and helps in maintaining strict quality control.
Facilities available for Surrogacy
All facilities under one roof – Investigations, ICSI cycle etc. and all the procedures for the surrogate antenatal check ups as well as delivery, neonatal care post delivery pediatric care and advice are conducted in the Hospital.
- The NICU is well equipped to handle very small, preterm babies and all the complications associated with prematurity
- A fully equipped hi tech OT setup comparable to international standards available day and night to handle emergencies.
- 24 hrs radiology department/USG facilities
- 24 hrs NABH Accredited blood bank and casualty services
- 24 hours NABL Accredited pathology laboratory
- Webcam facility available - We are available to talk to you at predetermined date and time so that we can have a direct discussion as if you are doing a consultation with us. You can clarify all your doubts personally rather than on mail.
- High success rate with practically nil preterm deliveries - This is because of the meticulous care in choosing the surrogate as well as care taken during pregnancy. She is treated as a high risk pregnancy with two obstetricians taking care of her.
- Novel ways like cervical length monitoring by transvaginal sonography & antibiotic and probiotic treatment during pregnancy to prevent preterm labor- These new ways of monitoring have practically eradicated preterm delivery, the most dreaded complication of pregnancy. We have presented papers on these novel methods in various Conferences and they have received due recognition.
- Optimization of pregnancy outcome - At our centre, we believe that the success rate of IVF/ICSI depends on pre IVF evaluation. E.g. If there is poor ovarian reserve, then we give certain medications before IVF to improve the ovarian reserve and then attempt IVF. This obviously gives a high success rate. Similarly all male and female factors are evaluated before going for the actual cycle.
Thus high IVF success rates with high surrogacy rates gives us the best results
- Extended embryo culture / Blastocyst transfer - The quality of any laboratory is assessed by the number of blastocyst transfers. Our IVF laboratory is fully equipped with all the modern, state of art technology and expertise which gives us a high fertilization rate and we do blastocyst transfer in at least 70% of the patients.
- Blood flow monitoring - It is a novel concept in the science of infertility. It is like seed and soil. When you sow the seed under the soil and give water, that water has to percolate the soil and reach the seed; otherwise the seed will not develop into a plant. Similarly if the blood flow does not reach the inner lining of the uterus, the embryo will not get nutrition and will not implant or if it implants may lead to missed abortion. Endometrial perfusion presents accurate noninvasive assay of uterine receptivity that may be used to predict implantation success rate. We select only those surrogates who have good blood flow thus increasing the success rates.
- Well known three full time obstetricians with vast experience available in case of any emergency.
- Three full time Pediatrician & neonatologists attending to the newborn's every need. They are present at the time of all deliveries and Caesareans.
- A team of 6 highly qualified full time anesthetists handle the operation theater (OT), one of them being on the campus at any given time. So in case of emergencies there is no delay in taking patient to the OT.
- In case there is a need to transfer the patient to ICU, world class well equipped setup with full time intensivist is available.
- Advice on Breastfeeding - Breast feeding is an integral part of child birth and helps to create a bond between mother and baby.
- All transactions by wire transfer - All your payments can be easily done through your bank by wire transfer
- Collateral legal support
- Our lawyer will not only help you with all the paperwork for surrogacy but will also guide you correctly about the paperwork required to obtain a fast visa for the child.
- Ethic committee approval of surrogate - The surrogate is presented in front of the ethic committee which comprises of people from various walks of life including priests, businessmen, social activists etc. They assess the surrogate psychologically by asking various questions. This is recorded on camera. This also gives a solid legal backing should the need arise.
- Timely and detailed update to commissioning couple including USG videos - All the reports and details of the surrogate are provided to the commissioning couple as soon as we get the reports
- Detailed evaluation of surrogate before registering her for the program - This is done to ensure maximum success rates. A dummy cycle with endometrial blood flow monitoring is done before the actual cycle.
- Personal & human touch - The compassion, the personal touch, and the care that we offer for both the surrogate and the biological mother makes our program a little different and unique.