Dr L H Hiranandani Hospital has an NABH accredited Blood Bank located at the basement floor of the hospital, that provides round the clock blood services with the help of a dedicated team of FDA approved Doctors, Nurses, technologists and counsellors. The blood bank is licensed by the Food & Drug administration (FDA) for the preparation and issue of blood components including components prepared using the Cell Separator (Apheresis). The blood centre is a member of the Maharashtra State Blood Transfusion Council (SBTC) and the Federation of Bombay Blood Banks (FBBB).
The Transfusion Medicine Department includes :
- Blood Donation Centre: The department has a blood and blood component (Apheresis) donation centre which collects blood from 100% voluntary non-remunerated donors. The centre also provides pre and post donation counselling services with the help of trained counsellors. The blood donation service is available from 9.00am to 6.00pm on all weekdays.
- Immunohematology Lab: is a reference testing laboratory and performs specialized immunohematology tests. Fully automated systems such as the Autovue is used to perform ABO & Rh blood grouping, Cross matching, Screening & Identification of antibodies, Phenotyping and other tests to resolve red cell discrepancies. This technology has helped to reduce turnaround time of blood issue significantly. The team of trained doctors and technologists provide fast, reliable and accurate results to save patient lives.
- Component Lab: The donated blood is separated into its various components in a well equipped lab using a closed system of separation with advanced technology and automation. The lab is also equipped to provide leucoreduced blood and components for additional safety of patients. This ensures a regular supply of safe blood components to meet various patient requirements.
- TTI Testing Lab: The lab for transfusion transmitted infectious disease testing of donated blood, is equipped with fully automated and sensitive analyzers that screen blood for antibodies to HIV1 & 2 , Hepatitis B core, Hepatitis C virus and Hepatitis B surface antigen. Additional tests are performed to screen blood for Syphilis & Malarial parasite using high quality and sensitive reagents.
- Component Storage Lab: The lab is well equipped with Freezers and Refrigerators that are capable of storing blood and its components at ideal temperatures. Each equipment is attached to a wireless central monitoring system that monitors the storage temperature 24x7 and thus ensures the quality and reliability of components stored.
The department functions round the clock to ensure the quality and safety of blood and blood products to all patients.
Blood Donation Can Save Lives...
Blood is a ‘gift of life’ that a healthy individual can safely give to those in need
- Blood cannot be manufactured
- Only human blood can be used for transfusion to human beings
- Blood donation requires only 30 minutes of your time
- Your body contains 5 litres of blood, of which you donate only 350-450ml
- Your blood volume gets replenished within 24 - 48 hours
- By donating one unit of blood you can save not just one but 3 lives
- Blood transfusions are frequently required for patients with various conditions like thalassemia, haemophilia, leukaemia, malignancies, organ transplant patients, accident victims, major surgeries, premature babies and many more.
For Blood requirements or Queries :
You may contact us at our direct numbers : 022-25763355 / 3356 /3357
Email contact email@example.com
To Organize a Blood Donation Drive :
To organize a blood donation drive or for more information you may contact the Blood Bank In-charge or the Medical Social Worker at our direct numbers : 022-25763355 /3356 /3357
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org